Thursday, October 8, 2009

Poem for Thursday, October 8, 2009


Water Moccasins

           no snakes, but my feet are wet and untied
           cheap ruined leather or suede I abuse
         
                                                                            a bathroom mirror, streaked with secretions
                                                                            my body is becoming but all bodies have

           flaws.

           what would be different if I never met you before:
           I think I would be wearing a red shirt right now

                                                                             bathroom mirror, my premature beard
                                                                             light wispy and I decide definitely a red

           shirt.

           how did you lead me here
           how did you fool me into washing my face

                                                                             burying my face into my tap-watered hands
                                                                             smiling while mellow rock reverberates behind the

            door?


No comments:

Post a Comment