Monday, December 7, 2009

Poem for Monday, December 7, 2009


Wee-Hour Drizzle

This wee-hour drizzle has struck (I'm
shivering). My bloodstream
is a frozen tundra, my capillaries are
solid fish stuck in a glacier, mid-swim.

My eyes are frozen open, so I
think about what I've come to accept:

I'll always sleep shirtless, even if I'm cold.
Many library books will never be opened.
The finite and the infinite are oil and water.

The list goes on; we don't.

This drizzle goes on for months before
birds' feathers flap northward bound.
I'll try to think of you for fireplace
warmth, but you're frozen with everything.

Between my brain cells, talking
to me in a block of ice with blue-lipped
determination. A silver smile, a white
cloud, and eventually no colors.

And I will go deaf in April from
all of your words resounding at once.

1 comment:

  1. man, i love this.
    "the finite and the infinite are oil and water."

    i love it all.

    if school doesn't kill me let's hang out.

    ReplyDelete