Thursday, January 21, 2010

Poem for Thursday, January 21, 2010


Untitled

we met like reflections in Christmas ornaments
beneath metallic tinsel (it was so shiny
I was intimidated)

we met like a little boy and his lamb
in pre-Jesus Israel (you bled after a year &
I was inconsolable)

we met like port and starboard on U.S.S. Something
in a hostile Manila (cannonballs sleeked with
Spanish tears)

we met like compounds in a chemical reaction
that yields no oxygen (since when could we
breathe around each other)

we have never met
but I see you
everywhere

I see you hanging from the pseudo-spruce in December

I see you bleeding while I sob in incoherent Hebrew

I see you getting flanked by the red & yellow flag

I see you trading your atoms like marbles

we have never met
but I dreamed
all this happened

1 comment:

  1. shit, these lines:

    "I see you hanging from the pseudo-spruce in December

    I see you bleeding while I sob in incoherent Hebrew

    I see you getting flanked by the red & yellow flag

    I see you trading your atoms like marbles"

    slay me.

    ReplyDelete