Sunday, August 2, 2009

Poem for Sunday, August 2nd, 2009


Here's What I'm Feeling

I heard a rumor
that you
have a tumor
                      but
it's only benign
it'll be just fine

(and I could keep
 on rhymin' here, but)

I feel like writing in
free verse and
using big ole words like
"didactical"

(I hate that word)

but
anyway

a friend told me
of this guy
who thought he was
Jack Kerouac
                       he
traveled across
the continental U.S. of
A

(he wasn't oppressed
 enough to be Kerouac)

so my friend and I
laughed at him
over a
         beer

2 comments:

  1. this new layout is BRIGHT.

    i think i'm gonna make it as far as rent goes. by the skin of my teeth though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this, it's clever, and I think maybe you are right about our styles, which I think is a good thing. Lets start a movement or something.

    ReplyDelete